Can you tell I was frustrated?! I think I was frustrated right from the get go, because I was not planning on doing this project. I went to the States the other day and hit up Joann Fabrics and Crafts, specifically looking for fabric that I could use to finish something I've had on the go for awhile. I don't know if you've ever been to that store, but they have some beautiful fabrics, far better than anything I could find here. However, they also have so many! Not good for someone like me. Luckily, I was with three friends and I felt pressure since we were headed to the mall, so thanks Steph, Sara and Nora! :) I managed to decide which fabric I wanted within about 15 minutes. Had they not been there, I can pretty much guarantee I would've been there, deciding, for a good 2 hours.
Just plain, no window covering like all the others have. I usually do have a little plant sitting in the window, but I removed it when taking the pictures....you know, for effect.
I don't sew, but after looking online and seeing numerous things on Pinterest that use Heat 'N' Bond, I thought, I can do this!
I started by pinning each side of the fabric, so that the part that would show when hanging would be 15 inches long.
Then, I ironed all of that down, so that I'd have a nice crisp line.
I cut strips of Heat 'N' Bond and followed the instructions to a
T, tee??,. I followed the instructions just the way they said.
Again, and again, and again. Heat 'N' Bond was NOT working, AT ALL!
I gave up on that. Then my husband called and I was telling him what I'd done. He said he had some double-sided tape in the garage. I figured it was worth a shot. The hardest part was getting the paper backing off.
I stuck everything down.
It all seemed to be going well and I started bunching it evenly on the rod, since I gave the hubs a choice; bunchy or straight. He chose bunchy.
And this is where it all started to fall apart. In the middle section, the fabric part that folded over the rod was shorter than the rest and kept lifting from the tape, so every time I'd try to bunch that section, the tape would get stuck to the rod. It just wasn't working out.
So, I decided to hang it up straight and see how that would look. This was the result.