Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cold or Allergies???

 Not only does my mind have trouble deciding, but apparently my body does too.

I stayed home from work on Tuesday because I was sick.  Not quite fluish, but a bad cold.  Tim had a cold all week and on Monday when I started feeling weak with a scratchy throat and a runny nose, I knew my time had come.  I woke up on Tuesday and figured there was no way I would be any use to my coworkers or my students, so I called in and slept the day away, except for waking up to take some Benalyn All-In-One cold pills.

On Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I go back to work and am feeling not 100%, but definitely better than Tuesday.

Friday night arrives and I am exhasuted.  I suppose this is somewhat typical as I am usually pretty tired from the week by the time Friday rolls around, but this felt different.  I was drained to the point where I couldn't even play Words With Friends on my iPhone because it seemed like too much effort!  Insert shocked face here.    Our plan was to go to the movies, so I figured I would just take a nap so that I would be good to go to the movies a few hours later.  Nope.  I woke up at 9pm to eat and then went back to bed till 9am this morning.

So, I wake up this morning and am all stuffed up, but it's a different stuffed up feeling that the previous days.  Then I start sneezing.  Ok, weird.  We get up and begin to go about our day and I am dying to itch my watery eyes.  It even went so far as me making this awful sound in my throat because it and the insides of my ears were itchy.  All of the above symptoms of allergies and what I experience at the end of August or early September, NOT in May. 

I went from having a cold to having allergies (during a season I've never had them before!), so it seems my body is also indecisive.  Please can't one of you, body or mind, get it together already!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment