Thursday, May 26, 2011

Obsessed.

Definition:  To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic.

When it comes to DIY blogs recently, this is me.  Obsessed. 

I've spent my entire week night looking at so many different ones.  My faves are the ones that have furniture makeovers.  It's amazing what people can turn pieces of junk into.

For example:
BEFORE

AFTER
(LOVE!!!)

It's got me thinking that maybe I can do it too!  I've been scouring Kijiji, looking for a perfect piece.  I saw a desk the other day that was awesome and only $25, but it was gone within a couple of hours.  Sad face. 

To think that I could actually do it is a little overwhelming, because there is so much involved in terms of decision-making.  I'd have to find a piece, see the potential in it, decide to actually purchase it and then decide what exactly to do with it; paint, re-upholster (maybe one day?!), stain, etc.  Eeek! 
Hubster keeps saying do it, do it......so, we'll see!  You can be sure I will post about it whenever I decide to really go for it - even if I fail!

For now, check out some of these blogs for amazing inspiration:

Have you ever made over a piece of furniture?  If so, I want to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment